Friday, August 19, 2011

New Blogger On The Block, That's Me!

Today, I read a post on a blogger's facebook page. He complained that although he wrote from his heart today, his post would mostly likely not receive much traffic. It isn't the first time I have seen this person complain about his blog going unread. I guess, I would like to ask him if he was blogging to make money or just to speak from the heart? If you're blogging for money, low traffic would be an obvious concern. But if you're writing from the heart, then what difference does it make if someone reads your blog or not? I have to admit the first couple days I looked at the stats on my blog quite a bit. But you know what? I don't care if people read my blog or not. It's something I want to do, and it involves a passion of mine, and that is animals, especially dogs and cats. I don't do it to get noticed. Is that what blogging is about? To be noticed? I remember when blogs first came out. Yes, I am that old. I thought it was just an online journal or diary where someone wrote about their personal life. I think it evolved into something much different than what it was originally. Who knows, that might be wrong. Anyway...
I am a new blogger myself. If you have any tips or hints for me I would love to hear from you. I am sure you know my passion, as it is pretty much the title of the blog. I try to speak up for the cats and dogs in my area that have no voice. Now, my area is pretty small and there is nothing I can do about that. But what I can do is share what knowledge I have learned along the way and share experiences that some may not have had the opportunity to go through. For example, I am attending the Great Shelters Conference in Ohio on September 10, 2011. I hope to bring back some great information from that conference. Then, a little later, I plan on attending the PetPoint Summit in Chicago which is, I believe, the best microchip company out there. Then. in October, I am attending the Best Friends No More Homeless Pets Conference in Las Vegas. I truly hope I will have more knowledge to impart to those around me and to those who follow this blog. To tell you the truth, speaking with people about what I learn is much more enjoyable to me than writing. I know I speak better than I write!
So, all of you bloggers out there. What's your advice for me? What do you think? Do you even read this? Any tips that will help improve my blog? Thank you, and have a really awesome Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I do read your blog. I read every blog in my blog roll - but not always immediately. So timely posts that I would have normally reposted don't always catch my attention in time. Facebook will drive more traffic to your blog than any other method so if you aren't posting it yourself, you need to get it posted somehow on Facebook. I would also add an email address to this main page - asking for tips and news stories about animal issues in your region.

    ReplyDelete